This is the 6th edition of INTUITESTBEDS (International Workshop on User Interface Test Automation and Testing Techniques for Event Based Software). INTUITESTBEDS is a merge of two workshops with very similar goals and topics, INTUITEST – International Workshop on User Interface Test Automation (organized 3 times before the merge), and TESTBEDS – International Workshop on TESting Techniques for event BasED Software (organized 7 times before the merge).
The workshop aims to bring together the researchers, practitioners and tool developers working on topics related to:
- automated testing of applications through the user interfaces, including but not limited to graphical user interfaces, user interfaces of mobile devices and applications, and user interfaces of web applications, and
- testing of other types of event-driven software, such as network protocols, embedded software, IoT applications and devices, web services and device drivers.
This year the CoAST (Context aware and Adaptive Software systems Testing) workshop will be co-located with INTUITESTBEDS.
Program April 20th 2023
|(CET Time)||INTUITESTBEDS WORKSHOP|
|09:00 – 09:15||Welcome and Opening Message (Riccardo Coppola, Michel Nass, Andreas Bauer)|
|09:15 – 10:00||Keynote: Wishnu Prasetya|
|10:00 – 10:30||
Paper presentation: Matej Klima, Miroslav Bures, Michaela Kubisova and Pavel Herout.
Open Benchmark Testbed to Evaluate Effectiveness of Path-based Tests
|10:30 – 11:00||Coffee break|
|11:00 – 11:30||
Paper presentation: Rohini Bisht, Selomie Kindu Ejigu, Gregory Gay and Predrag Filipovikj.
Identifying Redundancies and Gaps Across Testing Levels During Verification of Automotive Software
|11:30 – 12:00||
Paper presentation: Humaid Mollah and Petra van den Bos.
From User Stories to End-to-end Web Testing
|12:00 – 12:30||
Paper presentation: Alessio Gambi, Hemant Gouni, Daniel Berreiter, Vsevolod Tymofyeyev and Mattia Fazzini.
Action-Based Test Carving for Android Apps
|12:30 – 14:00||Lunch break|
|14:00 – 14:30||
Paper presentation: Tommaso Fulcini, Riccardo Coppola, Marco Torchiano and Luca Ardito.
An analysis of widget layout attributes to support Android GUI-based testing
|14:30 – 15:00||
Paper presentation (CoAST): Pierre Martou, Benoît Duhoux, Kim Mens and Axel Legay
Beyond Combinatorial Interaction Testing: On the need for transition testing in dynamically adaptive context-aware systems
|15:00 – 15:30||
Paper presentation (CoAST): Muralidhar Yalla, Mahesh Venkataraman and Mallika Fernandes
Deep Industry Use Cases on Context-Aware Adaptive Mobile Systems Experience Testing
|15:30 – 16:00||Closing|
Call for papers
We solicit novel papers related to the following topics (not strictly limited) in the context of testing User Interface and other Event Based Systems:
- modeling and model inference,
- test case generation and execution,
- test oracles,
- coverage, metrics and evaluation,
- data analysis and reporting,
- abstraction and re-usability,
- interoperability and cross-platform testing,
- prioritization and optimization,
- tooling and industrial experiences.
Papers can be of one of the following four types:
- Full research contributions will be 8 pages (including references) in two-column IEEE conference publication format.
- Position papers describing an important direction for our community will be a maximum of 4 pages (including references) in two-column IEEE conference publication format.
- Testing tool demos will be 4 pages length (including references) in two-column IEEE conference publication format, for researchers who want to present tools relevant to the workshop.
- Industrial presentations will require the submission of a 2 page overview and 4 example slides.
Each paper in the first three categories (full, position and demo) will be reviewed by at least three program committee members. Papers should be submitted as PDF files in two-column IEEE conference publication format. Templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word are available here. Please use the letter, format template and conference option.
Accepted papers will be published as part of ICST workshops proceedings, through the IEEE digital library.
Papers should be submitted through EasyChair.
- 2023-02-03 – Submission deadline (extended)
- 2023-02-24 – Author Notification
- 2023-03-03 – Camera Ready
- 2023-04-20 – Workshop Date
INTUITESTBEDS will be organized as a workshop of ICST 2023 (IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation) in Dublin, Ireland.
Politecnico di Torino, Italy, email@example.com
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden, email@example.com
University of Porto, Portugal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Open University, The Netherlands, email@example.com
Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain, firstname.lastname@example.org
Open University, The Netherlands, email@example.com
University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
5th INTUITESTBEDS 2022 virtually co-located with ICST 2022
4th INTUITESTBEDS 2021 virtually co-located with ICST 2021
3rd INTUITESTBEDS 2020 virtually co-located with ICST 2020 in Porto
2nd INTUITESTBEDS 2019 co-located with ICST 2019 in Xi’an
1st INTUITESTBEDS 2018 co-located with ISSTA 2018 in Amsterdam