This is the 3rd edition of INTUITESTBEDS (International Workshop on User Interface Test Automation and Testing Techniques for Event Based Software). INTUITESTBEDS is a merge of two workshops with very similar goals and topics, INTUITEST – International Workshop on User Interface Test Automation (organized 3 times before the merge), and TESTBEDS – International Workshop on TESting Techniques for event BasED Software (organized 7 times before the merge).
The workshop aims to bring together the researchers, practitioners and tool developers working on topics related to:
- automated testing of applications through the user interfaces, including but not limited to graphical user interfaces, user interfaces of mobile devices and applications, and user interfaces of web applications, and
- testing of other types of event-driven software, such as network protocols, embedded software, IoT applications and devices, web services and device drivers.
Call for papers
We solicit novel papers related to the following topics (not strictly limited) in the context of testing User Interface and other Event Based Systems: modeling and model inference, test case generation and execution, test oracles, coverage, metrics and evaluation, analysis and reporting, abstraction and re-usability, interoperability and cross-platform testing, prioritization and optimization, tooling and industrial experiences.
There are a lot of academic tools out there with valuable techniques for companies, but these are not taken up by industry because many times they are not presented in a way that appeals to industry. To create more awareness for this issue, we will organize this year’s “Most Sexy Academic Tool Presentation”-contest. The winner will be the one that gives the best tool presentation from an industrial point of view.
Papers can be of one of the following types:
- Research paper (4-10 pages)
- Extended abstracts for the “Most Sexy Academic Tool Presentation”-contest (2 – 4 pages)
- Industry presentations (2 pages overview and 4 example slides)
Each paper in the first three categories (full, position and demo) will be reviewed by at least three program committee members. Papers should be submitted as PDF files in two-column IEEE conference publication format. Templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word are available from http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html (please use the letter, format template and conference option).
Papers of the Workshop will be published as part of ICST workshops proceedings, through the IEEE digital library.
Papers should be submitted through EasyChair.
- Submission: EXTENDED: January 19
Notifications: January 27
Camera-ready: February 4.
- Workshop: October 28 (postponed because ICST was postponed due to Corona virus)
INTUITESTBEDS will be organized as a workshop of ICST 2020 (IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation). The conference venue is Alfândega Porto Congress Centre in Porto, Portugal.
Mariano Ceccato, University of Verona
Emil Alégroth, Blekinge Institute of Technology
Riccardo Coppola, Politecnico di Torino
Valentin Dallmeier, Saarland University
João Faria, FEUP, INESC TEC
Wishnu Prasetya, Utrecht University
Mauro Pezze’, University of Lugano
Kevin Moran, College of William & Mary
Filippo Ricca, DIBRIS, Università di Genova
José Creissac Campos, University of Minho
Machiel Van der Bijl, Axini
Bruno Legeard, Smartesting
Rudolf Ramler, Software Competence Center Hagenberg
Maurizio Leotta, Università di Genova
Domenico Amalfitano, University of Naples Federico II
Martin Deiman, Testwerk
Yvan Labiche, Carleton University
Sam Malek, University of California, Irvine
Leonardo Mariani, University of Milano Bicocca
Rafael Oliveira, USP
Jury for the Most Sexy Academic Tool Presentation
- (being updated…)
- Gjalt Loots (TNO, The Netherlands)
- Machiel van der Bijl (Axini, The Netherlands)
We will have presentations of 4 accepted papers:
- Translation from Visual to Layout-based Android Test Cases: a Proof of Concept by Riccardo Coppola, Luca Ardito, Marco Torchiano and Emil Alégroth
- An Automated Testing Framework For Smart TV apps Based on Model Separation by Bestoun Ahmed, Angelo Gargantini and Miroslav Bures
- Supporting efficient test automation using lightweight MBT by Elodie Bernard, Fabrice Ambert and Bruno Legeard
- Model-Based Testing of GUI Applications Featuring Dynamic Instanciation of Widgets by Alexandre Canny and Philippe Palanque
We will also have demo presentations, so far the following have been confirmed, but we are still accepting more:
- Augmented Testing using Scout by Michel Nass, Emil Alégroth and Robert Feldt
- Testing Event-Driven Programs in Processing by Hiroshi Hosobe
- Sequence Mining for Automatic Generation of Software Tests from GUI event traces by Alberto Oliveira, Alípio Jorge, Ricardo Freitas, Nuno Moniz, Ana C. R. Paiva, Vítor Amorim and Paulo J. Azevedo